Join The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) at the East Bay Light The Night Walk at Civic Park in Walnut Creek on Saturday, October 26!
The non-competitive two-mile walk route is accessible to all fitness levels and will take walkers through downtown Walnut Creek. Like all other Light The Night walks, there is no minimum for fundraising but participants who raise $100 or more will become a Champion for Cures! On walk night, all of our Champions for Cures will receive a t-shirt, dinner and a colored illuminated balloon – white if they’re a survivor, red if they’re a supporter and gold if they’re walking in memory of a loved one. All cancer survivors in attendance are our honored guests and will receive these items regardless of their fundraising level!
Additional East Bay event highlights include:
- Family friendly – strollers and wagons are welcome
- Live music during food & festivities from the amazingly talented band of 10 year-olds, WJM and during the walk from the Walnut Creek men’s chorus, The Devil Mountain Chorus
- Dinner for Champions for Cures from Fuddruckers
- All Walk finishers will receive cookies and lemonade from California Pizza Kitchen
- Fun team photo area
- Kid-friendly activities including face painting, a clown, and a balloon artist
- Reflections of Life tent featuring stories of Honored and Remembered Heroes
- Remembrance Ceremony facilitated by Vitas Innovative Hospice Care
- Survivor Lounge with free chair massages by Beyond Chiropractic
LLS will also be recognizing the East Bay Honored Hero, James Howe! James is a courageous 13 year old boy who bravely fought non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Corporate sponsors for the walk include Wells Fargo, Astex Pharmaceuticals, Vistar, Roma, John Muir Health, Vitas Innovative Hospice Care, Epic Care, and Diablo Valley Oncology & Hematology Medical Group.
You can also sign up to be a volunteer for the East Bay Light The Night Walk here.
East Bay Light The Night Walk
Saturday, October 13, 2013
Civic Park – 1375 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
5:00 P.M. – Food & Festivities | 7:00 P.M. – Walk Starts
The Light The Night Walk is an annual fundraising event that supports LLS’s lifesaving cancer research and free support services for patients and their families. It is an inspiring evening to celebrate, remember and bring hope to people battling cancer.
When We Walk, Cancer Runs.
Register Today: http://www.lightthenight.org/gba/register
To learn more please visit http://www.lightthenight.org/gba