It has been a whirlwind of an October with three Light The Night Walks, the Nike Women’s Marathon, our first-ever Bay Area Cancer Survivorship Conference and the Leukemia Cup Regatta. Needless to say, we welcome a slightly slower-paced November with open arms.
But all of the hard work of the past 30 days has truly paid off. With your help and support, we raised more than $3 Million! AND, if that is not enough, we also hit several incredible milestones along the way.
- Gary Jobson and Ted Turner, were the guests of honor at our Leukemia Cup Regatta VIP Dinner. And their “fireside chat” was one of many highlights of the evening.
- Salesforce.com became the first Light The Night Walk team in our chapter’s history to raise more than $100,000!
- Combined, our three Light The Night Walks (North Bay, San Francisco and East Bay) raised more than $1 Million – another first!
- We had 700 Team In Training athletes participate in the Nike Women’s Marathon and raise $1.3 Million. That’s 13% of the overall total raised by the event!
- One hundred and seventy-five cancer survivors attended our first Bay Area Cancer Survivorship Conference! Our keynote speaker, Dr. Judith Luce from UCSF, received rave reviews AND we had 60 young adults attend the special breakout session covering fertility, dating, relationships and other practical issues.
So cheers to October and cheers to you! We could not have done it without you! Together, we are creating a world without blood cancers.