There are just two days left until the 2011 Leukemia Cup Regatta! Our office and The San Francisco Yacht Club are abuzz with final preparations for Saturday and Sunday.
There are so many wonderful components to this fundraising event, I thought I would highlight a few to give you an idea of what makes this weekend so spectacular.
- A super-dedicated Committee. These individuals delight in making the Bay Area Leukemia Cup Regatta THE top charity regatta in the nation.
- A passionate and supportive sailing community. Sailors from all over the Bay Area participate.
- VIP Evening speaker, venture capitalist John Doerr.
- The VIP evening décor. A very talented group of individuals transforms the already picturesque San Francisco Yacht Club into a stunning masterpiece.
- Incredible auction items. Thanks to our generous sponsors and supporters, amazing items grace our auctions. A Corum watch, a private dinner with Honorary Chairman, Tom Perkins and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to race aboard two America’s Cup AC45 catamarans just to name a few. Check it out.
- Our amazing Honorary Skippers. And the countless others who inspire us to raise funds for blood cancer research and patient services.
- The races. On the water, it’s very clear that it’s all about a passion for sailing, competitive spirit and heartfelt dedication to the cause.
A huge thank you to all of our sailors, sponsors, Honorary Skippers and supporters! Best wishes for a terrific weekend.
It’s not too late to register for Sunday’s races. Visit www.leukemiacup.org/sf for more info.