Fiscal year 2011 is officially closed and it is my pleasure to share our chapter’s annual patient services statistics. These awesome stats illustrate the impact your support has on our community and we thank you for your partnership. (For those of you who like numbers, this is sure to be a treat.)
- 857 New inquiries, 591 were patients; more than half of the patients were newly diagnosed
- 154 First Connection matches made (newly diagnosed patients with peer volunteer survivors of similar diagnosis)
- 556 Patients reimbursed via our Patient Financial Assistance program ($83,400)
- 573 Patients attended our 6th annual “Emerging Therapies for Blood Cancer Patients” Conference
- 122 Family Support Group meetings attended by 1,244 patients and family members
- 3 Pediatric Support Groups added at UCSF
- 1,486 Volunteer hours in service to our patient programs (and over half of these hours are from our fabulous support group faciliatators)
Congratulations and thank you to all who helped make it happen!
For more information about the various services LLS offers Bay Area blood cancer patients and their families, visit http://www.lls.org/#/aboutlls/chapters/sf/patientsupportprograms/.